Dr. Sutharm Valaisathien
Executive Director, Senior Partner
Dr. Sutharm, an aspiring diplomat turned Lawyer. Dr. Sutharm was originally a graduate of both Law and Diplomacy of a prestigious Thai University and a Doctor of Law of the University of Paris (under a program fully sponsored by the French Government). He began his career at the former South East Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO), overseeing the Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty (Manila Pact).
Dr. Sutharm switched his career to legal practice and was able to combine his diplomatic training with his lawyering skills to serve his clients and the international business communities in Thailand. He specializes in Foreign Business Law and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), aiding multinational entities to establish their presence to do business in Thailand.
In recognition of his contribution to the international business community, Dr. Sutharm was bestowed with countless Royal Orders and Decorations, including: Cross of Commander in the order of The Crown (Belgium), Order of Bernardo ‘O’Higgins in the order of The Commander (Chile) and Al Merito Funcionario of being Distinguished Officer for the Ministry of External Relations (Chile). He also acted as the Vice President of Foreign Affairs for the Lawyers Council of Thailand. He has also been serving as President of The Belgium-Luxemburg-Thai Chamber of Commerce during the past ten years. Among his community development activities, Dr. Sutharm helped bring the younger generation of lawyers to enter the business law practice.
- Docteur de l’ Université de Paris, 1970, Author: “Privilèges et immunitiés des fonctionnaires internationaux dans le système des Nations Unies.”
- Doctoral Thesis, Laws of International Institutions, Bangkok, 1976.
Thai, English, French, Spanish, Italian and Chinese
Notable Achievements and Activities:
- The Cross of Commander in the Order of the Crown by H.M. The King of Belgium
- Honorary Consul of the Republic of Chile in Thailand
- The Order of Bernardo ‘O’Higgins by the Chile State
- Condecoraciones al Mérito Funcionario by the Chile State
Corporate, Foreign Investment & Investment Promotion (BOI), Labour & Immigration, Real Estate & Factory